Sunday, December 19, 2010

The juggling act

Well, Christmas was my absolute favorite holiday but now that I am engaged I think that’s beginning to change. Steven and I are going through the whole issue of juggling the families. Christmas eve is a night where all of the Drake’s(Steven’s mothers family) all get together and have dinner and spend quality family time. Well my mom was kind of upset because she wanted us to come to the Christmas eve service so Steven and I are compromising and going to that before going to see his family. Christmas day is even more complicated.My family has had this tradition where we invite a few close family friends from church, the neighborhood, or just old friends over for a 2 o’clock lunch and just an afternoon of relaxing and talking. Well Steven’s family has all the children come over to open presentss around the same time. So now I am going over to Steven’s house around 9 or so to spend a little bit of time with Steven and his parents before I scurry home to help prepare for our guests. Then, later on in the evening when Steven is done with his family he will come over to my house to spend some time with us. I am exhausted just talking about it. I hope next year will be easier since we will be married and  hopefully we can plan a little better and at least we will be unified the whole day. It will take time for us to adjust but I think we will.

No comments:

Post a Comment